While keeping this in mind, it is important to understand how to maintain a balanced lifestyle. Even though we recommend avoiding candy as often as possible, we also cannot tell you to prohibit it from you or your child’s diet. Also, Halloween is a time when kids are more prone to being offered candy and if you make it seem like an impossible option for them, it can often backfire and create unhealthy habits. We recommend letting your kids take part in the Halloween festivities and eat candy, but moderation is key. Below are some additional tips for this upcoming Halloween.
- Try eating or offering sugar-free or low sugar candy (ie. dark chocolate) as often as possible
- Avoid hard or chewy candy that sticks in your teeth and increase them to prolonged exposure of sugar or harmful acids
- Make sure to brush and floss your teeth after eating candy.
- Drink a glass of water after finishing if brushing is not possible.
- Visit our dentist every 6 months for routine cleanings and exam
We wish you all a happy, cavity-free Halloween!
Visit our website for more information: http://www.fancysmiles.com/